Residential Real Estate Services
Real estate is typically an owner's biggest asset and the largest purchase made in their lifetime. But the process of purchasing a home can be overwhelming for first time home buyers. And even after a purchase is made, legal problems arise from time to time. As an owner, you deserve a competent real estate attorney who can represent your interests from contract, to closing and beyond. Many of our clients are repeat clients who used our firm to buy their first starter home, sold later, and bought another home.
Prior, During, and Post Transaction
Prior to the sale of a home we will:
- Review your real estate contract and negotiate terms in your best interest;
- Review your brokers contract;
- Handle legal issues regarding any liens or judgments or other property interests that show up in a title report.
At closing we will:
- Someone from our office will attend the closing (we do not send stand in counsel like others may);
- Read all closing documents to you to ensure you understand them;
- Handle any problems that may arise on the closing date.
After the sale, an attorney may:
- Handle real estate litigation involving any defects in the property that the seller had an obligation to disclose;
- Property border and boundary disputes;
- Draft and prepare residential lease agreements;
- Guide you through the foreclosure process if necessary;
Residential Real Estate Pricing for 2020
We charge a flat fee in handling residential real estate closings.
Our legal fees for the sale or purchase of real estate are as follows (effective January 1 through December 31, 2020):
- Single Family Home Contract Price $500k or less: $1,500
- Single Family Home Contract Price < $500k: $1,800
- Cooperative or Condominium Sale or Purchase: $2,200
- Closings outside of Nassau or Suffolk Counties: $250 additional