We Can Help Get Your Judgment Paid
Any litigation law firm can obtain a civil judgment, that is often the easy part. What can be difficult is enforcing the judgment. The goal of any lawsuit is not receiving a piece of paper from the Clerk of the Court called a Judgment; the goal is to get paid from winning a lawsuit. In New York, it falls squarely on the winner of the lawsuit to take the steps necessary in getting paid and enforcing the judgment. We receive many referrals from attorneys and other clients that have had little to no success in enforcing a judgment that was previously obtained by trial counsel. As we provide a holistic approach to our clients, our firm excels in both obtaining judgments and enforcing them. As a result, saving our clients time and money not having to juggle multiple attorneys offices.
In addition to enforcing New York State judgments, our firm has successfully enforced sister state judgments and Federal judgments.
Where do we Begin on Judgment Enforcement?
The key to judgment enforcement is research. We employ a full time skip tracer with the responsibility searching public records, social media, on-line databases to obtain asset information about judgment debtors, their place of employment, and financial affairs. If necessary, and reasonable under the facts of your case, we can retain private investigators too.
Judgment Enforcement Techniques
Judgment enforcement proceedings and techniques can include the following steps:
- Wage executions of the judgment debtor;
- Bank account Restraints;
- Placing liens on real property the judgment debtor owns;
- Executing on a selling real property owned by the judgment debtor (if warranted);
- Bringing "Turnover" Petitions in the supreme courts;
- Information subpoena's seeking information on a debtor's assets;
- Bringing actions to set aside fraudulent conveyances of real property and transfers of money and other property;
- Taking a post judgment deposition of a debtor (the debtors' exam).