Criminal Mischief Charges Dismissed Under Speedy Trial Law
- District Court, County of Nassau - First District Hempstead.
- New York Penal Law 145.00(1) criminal mischief in the fourth degree.
- New York Penal Law 260.10(1) - endangering the welfare of a child.
- Our client was arrested by the Nassau County Police Department on various charges. Our client maintained innocence the entire time. Our office never provided waivers of the right to a speedy trial or to receive discovery under CPL 30.30 and 245.20. The People were not able to certify their case as ready for trial within 90 days of the arraignment, and the court granted our application to dismiss the case under speedy trial grounds.
- Both charges were dismissed and the temporary order of protection that was issued at arraignment was vacated.
Practice area(s): Criminal Defense